FREE Tongariro Crossing Transport
- Departure from Howards Mountain Lodge is generally 7.30 and/or 8.30 am
- Return from Ketetahi Road end is generally 4 and/or 5 pm
- Time allowed is between 7 and 9 hours, plenty of time in our experience
- The stated schedule is general only and subject to radical alteration due to weather and other local factors
- You will be informed at check in of times that apply to your stay
- You will be briefed again before exiting the bus about pick-up time(s)
- Please LISTEN TO THE BRIEFING
- Shuttle operates from late October (when snow clears), through to early June (until snow accumulates)
Booking Transport and Food
If you book any of the packages we already know you want a seat on the bus.
If not booking a package please specify other transport or food requirements on the ‘Extras’ page.
If not using the book now page please add a note to your email or phone call if you need transport or food with your stay.
All packages include 2 nights stay, FREE transport, 2 breakfasts and 1 packed lunch per person and can are available on the Book Now page, choose ‘Xing Package’. If booking a package it is NOT necessary to also specify transport or food on the ‘Extras’ page.
At the lodge we can rent you any gear you may need for the hike.
Boots $15 – Walking Poles $15 pair – Back packs $10 – Rain Coat $10 – Rain Pants $10 – Jacket & Pants $15